Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls to Mobiles and Landlines for €10 when you topup by €20 with O2

Options
  • 02-05-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

New range of Prepay plans from O2. The Freedom Talk Plan gives Unlimited Calls to Mobiles and Landlines for €10, but you must top up by €20.
    €10 is charged for the Unlimited calls. You have €10 left to buy extra addons ie. data, text bundles etc .... Existing O2 Prepay customers can Text TALK to 50308 to get this plan.

idexy1.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Nice one i was on the Vodaphone 30 euro deal and only getting vodafone calls and texts plus 500mb of net now i can have loads more

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Seems expensive compared to 48 mobile.

48 mobiles €20 gets you:
    - Unlimited calls any network
    - Unlimited texts any network
    - 3Gb data

With o2 here you do get calls to landlines too, but who uses those any more.

They only give you a measly 700mb for €10 and 550 texts for €10

So you would have to pay €30 per month for this and still end up with far less for more with 48. And 48 mobile even uses the o2 network!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

bk wrote: »

And 48 mobile even uses the o2 network!

+1 I switched our son to 48 after 5 months he still hadn't discovered that you only got a few minutes for landlines.

48 aren't just using the 02 network its telefonica so effectively the same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

bk wrote: »
    Seems expensive compared to 48 mobile.

48 mobiles €20 gets you:
    - Unlimited calls any network
    - Unlimited texts any network
    - 3Gb data

They only give you a measly 700mb for €10 and 550 texts for €10

So you would have to pay €30 per month for this and still end up with far less for more with 48. And 48 mobile even uses the o2 network!

You also get 50 mins landline calls with the '48' deal,its the best offer by far

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

15 cent per text message?
    Wasnt it 11c or 13c before (depending on plan)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

15 cent per text message?
    Wasnt it 11c or 13c before (depending on plan)?
    Yes, It seems that all the new O2 plans now charge 15c per SMS to any other network (or to o2, unless you're on the free o2-o2 plan).
    Previously, they used to be 13c (or less if you had a specific offer)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

and you pay for voicemail.
    think i will stick to my former 20 euro plan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Its not clear from the above but do you get to keep the €20 top up to use as you like with the free calls automatically added? If that is the case then it is a competitive offer if not the most competitive. Probably geared to keeping existing customers more than anything else as I am sure they have been losing customers every month with the much better offers out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

kn wrote: »
    Its not clear from the above but do you get to keep the €20 top up to use as you like with the free calls automatically added? If that is the case then it is a competitive offer if not the most competitive. Probably geared to keeping existing customers more than anything else as I am sure they have been losing customers every month with the much better offers out there.

you only keep e10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

If you got the freedom talk + the 700mb and then use the 300 online international text from your smartphone its a good deal, otherwise get the text bundles..You wouldn't really need to have any credit left anyway, unless you were calling international, think its a good deal!

• Advertisement

If you got the freedom talk + the 700mb and then use the 300 online international text from your smartphone its a good deal, otherwise get the text bundles..You wouldn't really need to have any credit left anyway, unless you were calling international, think its a good deal!

The cabbage app could be used for texts so if you are a smartphone user it amounts to effectively free calls/texts and 700mb of data for €20! Would certainly suit someone who is a heavy phone user.

TheDriver wrote: »
    and you pay for voicemail.
    think i will stick to my former 20 euro plan

as far as I know its free for voicemail now, you could also just ring it by putting 5 in your number then its defo free ie. 0865xxxxxxxx

I just switched and got a text saying 'A €10 charge has been applied. This applies to all top ups of €20 or more'

So not a great deal if you end up having to topup within the month as they will take another €10 from you

suppose you could just top up in €10's to avoid the extra charge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

There's so many deals and offers now, whether this is good value, depends on your usage. If you talk a lot, text very little and don't use data, then this might be a good deal for you. The text bundles are good value, they work out at 2c each, and they're valid for 6 months. Voicemail is charged with this plan, but you can ask O2 to switch off your voicemail, so avoiding the charge.

I just switched and got a text saying 'A €10 charge has been applied. This applies to all top ups of €20 or more'

So not a great deal if you end up having to topup within the month as they will take another €10 from you

suppose you could just top up in €10's to avoid the extra charge

I reckon they will only take it off you once a month for the free calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

same as internet I assume, you top up by 20 to get the general free o2 calls plan and then they take 10 of that to fund an addon such as free calls to all or internet

kn wrote: »
    I reckon they will only take it off you once a month for the free calls.

No afraid not, Gazz is right, once you have activated the plan, you have to top up by less than €20 over the 30 day period, to avoid another €10 being taken, and another 30 day period starting.

Your idea would seem to be the more sensible option Kn, but the Freedom Plan terms and conditions say otherwise:
    It is recommended that you top up by less than €20 if you want retain Price Plan benefits for the full 30 day period. Please note any bonus credit that you receive will not count towards your minimum top up requirement.

Oracle wrote: »
    No afraid not, Gazz is right, once you have activated the plan, you have to top up by less than €20 over the 30 day period, to avoid another €10 being taken, and another 30 day period starting.

Your idea would seem to be the more sensible option Kn, but the Freedom Plan terms and conditions say otherwise:

I stand corrected. I bet that quirk will catch a lot of people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

New range of Prepay plans from O2. The Freedom Talk Plan gives Unlimited Calls to Mobiles and Landlines for €10, but you must top up by €20.
    €10 is charged for the Unlimited calls. You have €10 left to buy extra addons ie. data, text bundles etc .... Existing O2 Prepay customers can Text TALK to 50308 to get this plan.

idexy1.png

Has anyone considered impact of this

9 cent connection charge applies to calls to other Irish networks and landlines

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Would a 48 sim card work in a phone locked to o2 if its same network?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

bmwguy wrote: »

No it will need to be unlocked.

aspasp1 wrote: »
    Has anyone considered impact of this

9 cent connection charge applies to calls to other Irish networks and landlines

:confused:

They've had that charge for a long time. It doesn't apply to the free calls.

No I don't think it will. But a 48 sim should work in a Tesco Mobile phone if thats any use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

They've had that charge for a long time. It doesn't apply to the free calls.

No I don't think it will. But a 48 sim should work in a Tesco Mobile phone if thats any use to you.
    02 have an unlock request page on their website just got my done, you need your imei number which can be found by typing *#06# into your phone.think you need to have topped up by 100 euro at least over the life of the phone but not sure on that

Advertisement