Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths Recommendations

Options
  • 02-05-2013 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hey!

I'm planning to do Applied Maths for the LC. However my school doesn't offer this subject. Is there any schools/grinds who have a good rep for teaching applied maths? Any price will do me. All recommendations are appricated :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

You could probably do it at home if you're anyway decent at maths and physics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

You could probably do it at home if you're anyway decent at maths and physics
    I'm alright but both :3 but maybe a professional teaching is better? xD

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

Applied maths is a pretty tough subject, If you don't have a good teacher don't bother doing it, I'm currently studying it at the institute of education and it's a lot of work.

SolitaireX wrote: »
    Applied maths is a pretty tough subject, If you don't have a good teacher don't bother doing it, I'm currently studying it at the institute of education and it's a lot of work.
    What did you get for maths in the JC? xD I was planning to go the Institute for the grinds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Applied Maths really isn't extremely difficult. Get the textbook and follow the worked examples, then test yourself. I'd honestly say 1 grind per chapter after you've done it yourself and you'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There may still be a qualified Applied Maths teacher on your staff, even if the school doesn't offer it as a subject. I would be asking the Maths teachers in your school.

spurious wrote: »
    There may still be a qualified Applied Maths teacher on your staff, even if the school doesn't offer it as a subject. I would be asking the Maths teachers in your school.
    Makes sense, but my best friend does Applied Maths and he does it outside school, i'm sure if there was a qualified teacher he'll go to one of them, but yea, best to ask just in case :).

Advertisement