Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 6, 2013

Options
  • 02-05-2013 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭

Try out a less congested post with the Round 6 teams. From a DT perspective it's alot of carnage with Gibbs, Heppell & Goodes all out froom the backline. Fyfe, Whitfield out in Mids & Rioli & Walker out up front. Take the chance on a doughnut or trade to cover?

From the Irish players perspective:
    • Zac Thouy starts at HB against Melbourne;
    • Marty Clarke starts at HB against St Kilda;
    • Pearce Hanley returns this week at C against Sydney;
    • Tommy Walsh named on the extended I/C, but will most likely be named as an emegency;
    • Setanta O'hAilpin is out due to calf injury;
    • Niall McKeever & Caolon Mooney not listed.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Walsh's first time being named though this season isnt it? some sort of progression I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

His first time this season. He really needs to breakthrough. You have to wonder why he moved to Sydney. A move to a weaker side would have given him guaranteed game time. However it shows how difficult it is to make it out there. A very long preseason and then you could be in reserves at best. Hard to do it when you were winning all irelands in front of 80 000 people a few years previously.
    Interesting how most of the players who have made it out there are playing half back or midfield, positions most suitable to Gaelic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Corr did ok yesterday. GWS gave Essendon a bit of a scare, Fell apart in the last quarter though, as usual.

Freo got the win, they didn't underestimate the Suns this time.

6 for 6 in the tipping, WC better not mess it up this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Absolute carnage this round, although I somehow managed to escape quite lucky. Win in DT league, just, to stay unbeaten, win in Supercoach with 4 doughnuts, and win in the Elite league to stay top. Another 9/9 to remain top in the footytips as well. Happy with my start to this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Absolute carnage this round, although I somehow managed to escape quite lucky. Win in DT league, just, to stay unbeaten, win in Supercoach with 4 doughnuts, and win in the Elite league to stay top. Another 9/9 to remain top in the footytips as well. Happy with my start to this year.

Meh! Had 5 defenders out in SC, brought in Dixon to try and squeeze a win against my main rival for work league and he went down injured as well :mad:
    Ended up with 2 duck eggs and only 50 from Dixon.

Not much better in Fantasy Elite, was looking good for a win against Team Cobra but Waters and Hayes late withdrawals, along with doughnut for Gibbs scuppered that too!

What with the Tiges getting blown away by Geelong last night it's certainly a round to forget for me, roll on next week :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Managed to win 3/4 of my DT leagues. How I dont know. Won in Fantasy Elite, I just got over Tiogar (sorry jackbhoy).

Got 9 in the tipping too, not a bad round overall actually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Mackman wrote: »
    Managed to win 3/4 of my DT leagues. How I dont know. Won in Fantasy Elite, I just got over Tiogar (sorry jackbhoy).

Got 9 in the tipping too, not a bad round overall actually :D

It's all square now, we'll meet again in a few weeks ;)

Advertisement