Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batista Denies Rumours of WWE Return

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

So he is on the way back to take on Ryback while Cena is out injured then

In bizarro land? He's enjoying his fame, money and making movies - and getting progressively bigger parts - he hates the PG environment and will not be given his age and another run would not see him booked as strongly and as long as before, he's no reason to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I wouldn't mind seeing him again. Maybe not in the main event picture but a heel Batista vs. the likes of Ryback, Bryan, or Sheamus would be decent enough. If he did come back it'd better be full-time and not another part-timer like Lesnar or Rock.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I liked heel Batista, but I really don't see him coming back, mainly for the reasons jay stated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given he's just signed on to play a leading role in one of the biggest films that will come out next year (Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy), and that that probably means he'll be appearing in The Avengers II, I see no reason why he'd ever want to go back. He's very close to becoming a movie star on the level of Rock with those roles, so there's going to be little inclination on him to run back to wrestling at his age...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Such a shame that egotistical and "cool" heel batista was so short lived. Had real potential.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

having seen how Lesnar has been booked, I can't imagine him wanting to return for a similar run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Would love to see him back,but doubt he will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

He said in a previous tweet that he was in talks

Gauranteed IMO that he is saying this now to insure that he gets as big a pop as possible

It would help promote the movie too, he got the part through his WWE career, he will promote it to WWE fans

Oh ye will all see

Money Talks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

He's been signed for one of the main roles in Marvel's upcoming "Guardians of the Galaxy" film. He'd be mad to come back and wrestle now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

He's been signed for one of the main roles in Marvel's upcoming "Guardians of the Galaxy" film. He'd be mad to come back and wrestle now.

This. He's going to be a star next year in that fiilm. However, I cannot see him getting a deal like The Rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

Most wrestlers come back to plug their new movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I hadn`t the foggiest what Guardians of the Galaxy is about,so I had to Google it am I right in thinking its kinda like the Avengers with lesser known characters?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

GTR63 wrote: »
    I hadn`t the foggiest what Guardians of the Galaxy is about,so I had to Google it am I right in thinking its kinda like the Avengers with lesser known characters?

Basically the super-villian hinted at in the Avengers credits was Thanos. Big bad guy out in the Universe. The Guardians of the Galaxy, as you can assume, have serious issues with him.

The Guardians of the Galaxy film is basically about this team of random alien superheroes from different worlds/planets fighting against Thanos, and the film is a way to introduce him properly before Avengers 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd say leave Batista doing his thing, i hope he doesn't come back, the creative team have enough problems as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Thanos means death in Greek, Freud talked a lot about the death-drive. Also euthanasia means self-death in Greek, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Heel Batista at the end of his run was brilliant, only time I ever really liked him after his initial run with HHH in 2005 where it was really well built.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

krudler wrote: »
    Heel Batista at the end of his run was brilliant, only time I ever really liked him after his initial run with HHH in 2005 where it was really well built.

heel turn was amazing, awesome wardrobe as well.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭cena

I would love if he came back. Loved when he was heel near the end. He played it so well

• Registered Users Posts: 85,181 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Now that he is returning, is a feud with Lesnar at WM or SS the likely option for him, he has a big Marvel film out in the summer so WWE will want to cash in all that publicity

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It must be a sweet deal for him to do another limited run. Like how much publicity will a marvel movie gain from WWE? It sounds like it's far more publicity for WWE. Like only 4-4.5 million watch RAW when it's doing great numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,886 ✭✭✭✭CSF

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Now that he is returning, is a feud with Lesnar at WM or SS the likely option for him, he has a big Marvel film out in the summer so WWE will want to cash in all that publicity

How do you book Batista against Lesnar though? Hard to book anyone against Lesnar without them being underdog (and anything else underutilises the Beast) and that doesn't book Batista that strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

CSF wrote: »
    How do you book Batista against Lesnar though? Hard to book anyone against Lesnar without them being underdog (and anything else underutilises the Beast) and that doesn't book Batista that strong.

Probably with a "Hey! I did MMA too. So you're not so special" angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,886 ✭✭✭✭CSF

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Probably with a "Hey! I did MMA too. So you're not so special" angle.
    I just feel one of them may end up losing out from the storyline. If they book Lesnar as the dominating monster that he needs to be, then that doesn't make Batista look that strong, and he is too big a guy to do the Cena/Bryan overcoming the odds thing.

Alternatively if you book Batista as Lesnar's equal, then that massively takes away from the dominating monster that Lesnar should be booked as, because nobody else can do that as well as him.

Especially if Lesnar isn't going to around for that long, I think they should follow different paths that do not cross.

Advertisement