Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC Final - Still going?

Options
  • 02-05-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭

I got four tickets for the big final in Dublin, going to keep two and go with the OH, sell the other two. Talking to some of my match going friends, they are planning to flog all their tickets and not go at all, which surprised me.

So, of the rugby boardsies of all provinces who bought tickets in anticipation of a final appearance, will you still go and show your support for the showpiece of European rugby or make back the few quid and stay at home?

You have HEC final tickets, will you 38 votes

Go along anyway, selling any spares
    0% 0 votes
    Sell all the ones you have and stay away
    92% 35 votes
    Denis Hickie
    7% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Add a poll there chief.

A HC final in Dublin, hopefully a cracking day out and a great game to follow. Damn straight I'm still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

All of us who bought are still going. Gonna make a weekend out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I couldn't not vote for Dennis.

Mostly because I didn't get tickets in the first place, but if I did have tickets, I'd defo still be going. Rugby is rugby, top class rugby is top class rugby. I don't know any rugby match that has that many world class superstars in it.

It's almost like the Baabaas playing the lions in terms of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm heartened by the responses......'gonna go home n' smack my Leinster friends in the mouth' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Still heading along. we got 4 for both amlin and heineken cup. will be a great weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I only bought my ticket yesterday, so I reckon I'll still go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Me and Emmet got a pair yesterday. Leinster by the grace of Bod, Clermont for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I always intended going, no matter who is playing - usually a good day of rugby, and goodness knows when we will next have this event in Dublin.

Very happy to support Clermont.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Remember going to Toulouse/Perpignan in Lansdowne in 03. Bloody awful atmosphere, flat as a pancake, but reckon Clermont's fans should create a decent buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Are there tickets still available? I'd happily don yellow for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Are all the neutrals supporting Clermont?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

You'd nearly hope for Clermont to give them a drubbing, at least in the first half, as I'm afraid that's the only way we'll get a great game. Toulon really are a horribly dour team to watch. Hopefully watching them chase the game and/or watching Fofana and really flinging the ball around will the game live up to the occasion.

But yeah, I'd still go

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The thought of a punch-up between Cudmore and D. Armitage is extremely appetising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Definitely go no matter who was ever going to be in the final, but if not Leinster, it will be nice to be able to go to a game and support Clermont.

Bought tickets to the Amlin as well, never imagining that I'd be going to see Leinster that day :( Ah well, a trophy is a trophy if we can win it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Still going, haven't been to Lansdowne since the revamp so its also a bit special.
    Never been to see a professional game as a neutral and 2008 was the last H-Cup final I was at, for obvious reasons ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Is it sold out? Really hope we don't have a repeat of the last final in Dublin, which probably contributed to the 10 year wait to get it back...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I have both Amlin and HCup final tickets so should be a great weekend. Supporting Clermont on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Bought tickets for the HEC and Amlin back last May and I would certainly go to the final but I'll be on holiday.

Would certainly encourage anyone with tickets to go, it's an amazing day out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Is it sold out? Really hope we don't have a repeat of the last final in Dublin, which probably contributed to the 10 year wait to get it back...

HEC sold out shortly after the tickets became avail.
    Amlin sold out a few weeks back.

What happened the last time?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I swapped mine for Amlin tickets as I hadn't bought them, if I hadn't managed to swap and get the Amlin tickets I would have still gone.

• Advertisement

Where's the option for "Got tickets this week"?

edit: there were some available on Ticketmaster ( that's where I got mine)

Got HEC tickets so far, now to source a pair of Amlins!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Heroditas

HEC sold out shortly after the tickets became avail.
    Amlin sold out a few weeks back.

What happened the last time?

It sold out but because Leinster and Munster got knocked out in the semis, about 30,000 turned up for the final between Toulouse and Perpignan.
    It was still a sell-out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Yep, still going.

Will silently support Clermont, as I plan to have absolutely no voice left after the Amlin final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Still going, some players on show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

thomasm wrote: »
    Still going, some players on show

That and the wife has a teenage girl like crush on Jonny Wilkinson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

If I had tickets I'd defo still go. Sure I flew to Paris for the 2010 final that Leinster didn't make so why wouldn't I go in my hometown?! But I wasn't quick off the mark so I didn't buy tickets, then they sold out, and now I'm broke. But I'd defo go - the Leinster Clermont game in Landsdown was one of the best rugby days out so I'd go and don yellow for the day!

Advertisement