Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair loss

Options
  • 02-05-2013 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Unfortunately I'm at the starting process of male pattern baldness. I'm 20 and my temples and hairline have started to recede quite alot. Now I have had a meeting with 'The Hair Clinic', Camden Place, Cork City (offices across the river from opera house). I was told I was at the early stages of hair loss and that I should expect to have lost most my hair on my crown by the time I'm 25.

I was given 2 options. Laser treatment and medication. I was told if I started taking medication I could halt the process of it getting any worse which is all I really want. The medication I would be starting would be DHT blockers, Minoxidil and Azelaic Acid 5%. An 8 month supply would cost 425 euro :eek:

Does anyone in the Cork recommend any hair clinics or have any experience with hair loss medication with men?

Its really a dull area, I'm finding it hard to get any positives or real information, quite upset over the whole thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You've already had this same thread removed from two other forums because Boards does not permit medical advice to be given. If I see it appearing anywhere else I will be permanently sitebanning you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement