Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gurgling and thumping noises

Options
  • 02-05-2013 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Not quite sure how to describe this, but whenever we have the gas boiler turned switched on, after about 10 minutes we
    start to get gurgling and thumping noises from upstairs. This started a couple of weeks ago. We immediately had
    someone come have a look at it, but he seemed unable to give an adequate explanation of what the issue was. From what
    I can understand, it was something related to poor pressure. To remedy this, he installed a red ball type thing which is
    attached by pipes to the water tank in the hot press. All this cost us E260

It hasn't rectified the gurgling and thumping noises. Before I get back on to him, would anyone have any idea what might
    be causing this? I appreciate it is quite vague,but I am not sure how else to describe it.

The boiler was serviced in early January (by the same guy)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Not quite sure how to describe this, but whenever we have the gas boiler turned switched on, after about 10 minutes we
    start to get gurgling and thumping noises from upstairs. This started a couple of weeks ago. We immediately had
    someone come have a look at it, but he seemed unable to give an adequate explanation of what the issue was. From what
    I can understand, it was something related to poor pressure. To remedy this, he installed a red ball type thing which is
    attached by pipes to the water tank in the hot press. All this cost us E260

It hasn't rectified the gurgling and thumping noises. Before I get back on to him, would anyone have any idea what might
    be causing this? I appreciate it is quite vague,but I am not sure how else to describe it.

The boiler was serviced in early January (by the same guy)
    Are u sure the noise is not from the boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

260 for an expansion vessel to be fitted?thats way to much.
    Is the pump running on the boiler?

Advertisement