Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring pipestat to pump

Options
  • 01-05-2013 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Updating the plumbing and on a solid fuel system. Pump hooked up and working. Need to wire in the pipestat from the flow pipe to switch pump on and off. Anyone have a wiring diagram please. The pipestat is a simple two wire unit.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Generally you run the live to the stat then to the pump,neutral and earth go direct to the pump.ie the live is switched.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Claggan

Thank you .... will do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

I think you will find the pipestat also has an earth connection that needs to be connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Live to common terminal (C) on stat, then switched live from terminal 2 (I think I can never remember) its either one or two high or low to live on pump connect all netural together and all earth from stat to pump good practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Its also a good idea to use heat resistant (hr) flex to wire the stat and pump.

• Advertisement
Advertisement