Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yangtze Finless Porpoise Nears Extinction

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,645 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Looks set to follow the Yangtze Dolphin:(

Hard not to be pessimistic at this point...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Looks like a race towards extinction between the Finless Porpoise and the Vaquita from Baja California, of which there are about 250 left:

http://vaquita.tv/

I'd never even heard of the vaquita until now to be honest. Never a good sign for an endangered species...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hollzy wrote: »
    I'd never even heard of the vaquita until now to be honest. Never a good sign for an endangered species...

Both of these species were new on me I have to say. There's nothing worse than hearing about a new animal only when they've nearly disappeared :(

Advertisement