Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put cash into someone's a/c, it never went in!

Options
  • 01-05-2013 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hey,

I went into a BOI branch last week, filled in a lodgement slip, I put in name, address, a/c no., sort code etc, & narrative, gave the girl at the counter cash, but the money never went into the account.

I wouldn't have put the wrong a/c number on the slip, but IF I did, surely the name of the a/c holder on the slip wouldn't match up?!

I still have the slip stub which is stamped..

What can I do?

If you want me to PM you, I do have all the details of the person whose a/c I was lodging money into, along with date & time of lodgement.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi D.J.K.75,

We can no longer input narratives on in branch credits, the narrative will be a lodgement number.  This may be the reason why you cannot locate the lodgement. 

If you contact the branch you made the lodgement with a representative will be happy to help you.  Once you have the lodgement slip with the details on it they will be able to trace the lodgement.  I suggest checking the account details once again just to make sure they were correct.

You can find the contact details for your branch here.

Thanks for posting

Seán

Advertisement