Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get my head around studying.

Options
  • 01-05-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Every day I come home from school I'm wrecked and annoyed, I sit down for about 1 hour to do homework then spend the rest of the night doing nothing.

Any tips to get me motivated? I do okay in school, getting C's mostly and I know I could do better if I tried

I do higher level- English,Geography,History and Biology

ord- Maths and Irish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

If you're wrecked and annoyed you won't be able to study.Try exercise more and go to bed earlier.or just man up and do some work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bla112

I'm the exact same lad. Going to be a massive cram session for last 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

So, why are you doing the LC? What do you want from it? Do you want to go to College? If so, how badly? Enough to do a bit of study?

Do you want to be able to hold your head up, look people in the eye and tell them "I did my best!", or are you not bothered?

You've spent 6 yrs in school - go out on a high - prove to yourself that you're all grown up now, and that you don't do excuses any more.

Excuses are for kids, not for someone who's 4 months away from freedom!

Best of luck, whatever you decide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

If I get home from school and I feel like I'm not going to get any work done, I take a walk or go for a run. If I've had a particularly bad day I'll do circuits (push-ups, planks, squats and sprints) until I'm lying on the ground in a heap. Then I'll have a cold shower grab a bite to eat.

When I sit down to work I'll do a quick to do list no more than two or three things and I'll give myself 25 min to do each task. Once you get started you will work well past the 25 min to get it done. The hard part is staring.

Good luck. But you have to want it.

Advertisement