Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outstanding claim and new job query

Options
  • 01-05-2013 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Hi All, i am trying to decide how to deal with the below situation and could do with some advice.
    Finished work on april 5th and signed on for JSA, still awaiting a decision, started a new job 3 weeks later, how do i deal with the payment that i am waiting a decision on. If i sign off now without a decision will they just close the claim?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

You have only one real option here and that is to tell the department that you have found work what happens after that I have no idea but others might know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

kilburn wrote: »
    Hi All, i am trying to decide how to deal with the below situation and could do with some advice.
    Finished work on april 5th and signed on for JSA, still awaiting a decision, started a new job 3 weeks later, how do i deal with the payment that i am waiting a decision on. If i sign off now without a decision will they just close the claim?

You need to let the sw know when you started your new job and tell them that you still wish to pursue jsa claim for interim period.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

When you sign off your claim will be finalised and any money owing will be sent to you.(generally by cheque to your postal address)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Thanks for your replies, did as was suggested and got a cheque today for one week of the time i was out of work.
    Hopefully will get another cheque for the first two weeks next week.

Advertisement