Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobridge to BTEA

Options
  • 01-05-2013 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I have a question in relation to the transfer from Internship scheme (JobBridge) into the BTEA, and I hope someone might help me.

My question is: May a period spent on an ongoing Internship Scheme (JobBridge) count towards the qualifying period for the Back to Education Allownace (BTEA)?

and

The most importantly: May I access the BTEA Scheme directly from the Internship Scheme (JobBridge) while I am still on the Internship? I mean, may I leave the Internship voluntarily before it ends in order to directly apply for the BTEA.

I was getting Jobseekers Benefit for 10 months immediately before I commenced my Internship (JobBridge), which means that I am entitled to the BTEA, but I cannot find any information on whether I will be penalised or refused social welfare payments if I voluntarily leave the Internship scheme before it ends. Hmm..

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Satisfying the qualifying period

You do not have to have been getting your qualifying payment continuously. Periods spent on other relevant social welfare payments (or getting credits or in short-term employment) that are not broken by more than 12 months (52 weeks) can be used to determine whether you satisfy the qualifying period criteria. You must always be getting a qualifying payment immediately before starting your course.
    Time spent on the Back to Education Allowance (BTEA), Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS), full-time FÁS/Failte Ireland training courses, FIT, Community Employment schemes, Part-time Job Incentive scheme, Community Services Programme, Rural Social Scheme, TÚS, the National Internship Scheme, Workplace Placement Scheme (WPP), Back to Work Enterprise Allowance, Short Term Enterprise Allowance, FÁS Job Initiative, Revenue Job Assist and JobBridge may count towards the qualifying period.
    You may go directly from one of the above schemes to Back to Education Allowance provided you were getting one of the qualifying social welfare payments listed above immediately before or after you started the scheme. If there is a break of more than 4 weeks between leaving the Scheme and starting an approved course of study you must establish an entitlement to a qualifying social welfare payment to qualify for BTEA.

From here http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/back_to_education/back_to_education_allowance.html

Advertisement