Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeals Process

Options
  • 01-05-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm Irish, worked for 33 years+, paid PAYE and all taxes & dues and after less than 2 years I'm no long in receipt of any social welfare. I've diligently saved for the 'rainy day' and looked after my family and now that I have savings with no income from them they means tested me.
    It's not just the lost of any income but as a result I'm no longer eligible for any Government initiatives; Job Bridge, Re-Skilling, Internships etc. I apply for jobs daily and have been interviewed a couple of times but no joy.

I'm told I can appeal the decision but I won't hold my breath. I also told that the appeal process will give me breathing space and if any training/internships/CE Schemes arise that I would be eligible for them.

Has anyone been in my situation and found a resolution?

Signed....
    Desperate!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You might as well appeal it takes a long time and you might get on a scheme ect in the mean while.
    If you lose the appeal (probably If you have large savings)you need to ask about signing for credits.

Advertisement