Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A sentimental jewel in my collection...

Options
  • 01-05-2013 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

I'll try to be brief but I wanted to share this with you as it means a whole bunch of everything to me. :o

On Friday, Saturday and Sunday just gone, there was a big arcade and console game festival in Rennes, France called Stunfest. It's mainly focused on fighting games apparently, but this year they had lots of arcade cabs with shooting games and, the main attraction, 3 of the best players in the world who are also world record holders at various games. Battle Garegga, DDPSDOJ etc.

Those players are NAK, Clover-TAC and T3-Kamui.

I heard about the festival on the SHMUPS forum and made an appeal asking if anyone was going would they mind taking an item with them to be signed for me. A top chap named Plasmo got in touch with me and said he was going from Germany to France for the festival and that he would gladly get my stuff signed!

So with that I sent off a booklet from my Progear VHS superplay which was recorded by Clover-TAC, a Sharpie marker and a return addressed jiffy bag and hoped Plasmo might have the chance to get it signed for me. If he couldn't, no problem, I had a feeling the three celebrities would be swamped with fans (and they were).

So Plasmo contacted me on Monday and said he got the booklet from my Progear VHS tape signed by Clover-TAC! It just arrived this morning!

This little scribble looks like it could be done by anyone, but I know who really signed it. When presented with the booklet, Plasmo told me Clover-TAC was very surprised and a bit emotional to see it again after so many years because it was the first Superplay recording he ever made.

I'm genuinely thrilled to have the booklet signed and in my collection now. Just knowing he saw it again and signed it for me means a lot to me.

Chuffed. :)

pgb.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But is it on the same scale of awesome as O1s1ns terminator shirt???

What ever floats your boat I suppose...........

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But is it on the same scale of awesome as O1s1ns terminator shirt???

Unfortunately it's currently unsigned... I must sort that out sometime before Arnie says 'Ill Be Back' for the last time! :eek:

I'm still embarrassed at the memory of pulling out that huge terminator head in the middle of the IFI and strolling over to Michael Biehn with a sharpie :o

Nice get Pyong. A friend of mine collects signatures of his favourite musicians and actors. He's always dragging me around to things to get gear signed (the most recent was in the IFI the other night for a bit of Neil Jordan stalkerage - got a lovely big Interview with the Vampire poster signed. Shame we didn't know Jeremy Irons was going to be there!)

But yeah, I can really appreciate the awesomeness of having someone's sig on something like this. Hope it's not the last! :)

Advertisement