Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipad aluminium case with a bluetooth keyboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

https://www.livingsocial.com/cities/1677/deals/677514-aluminium-ipad-case-with-bluetooth-keyboard?afsrc=1&utm_campaign=MorningSend&utm_content=1677&utm_medium=email&utm_source=blast

€17 including delivery for an aluminium case with a bluetooth keyboard with Living Social.

Thinking of getting one of there - seems like pretty good value.

Fits ipad 2 and 3.

Seems like a goo deal alright....
    Tell me, What is the difference between the iPad and the iPad 2....

I thought it was just the iPad, the Ipad 2 and the iPad mini????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I'm open to correction, but my understanding is that the latest version (released last year) is just officially called 'The iPad', though it's commonly referred to as the ipad 3 presumably to distinguish it from the original ipad.

So 4 versions released thus far
    Original ipad in 2010
    Ipad 2 in 2011
    Ipad (or ipad3) in 2012
    ipad mini (7inch version).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

ok, great... Thank you.... but they are all the same size?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,638 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hmm, seems you can get something similar for around €13 on Amazon

That's uk delivery, but I'm sure the BT11AA trick would work for this. Seem to be a few other ones on Amazon similarly priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 potrait56

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm, seems you can get something similar for around €13 on Amazon

That's uk delivery, but I'm sure the BT11AA trick would work for this. Seem to be a few other ones on Amazon similarly priced.

Yeh, just checkout out the Amazon price, this only includes delivery to the UK, I put my address in and the delivery went up, so this really does seem like a bargain.

Plus is not just for an Aluminium case, you can opt for a Black or White leather folding case too, cant find them for cheaper on Amazon with delivery!!

potrait56 wrote: »
    Yeh, just checkout out the Amazon price, this only includes delivery to the UK, I put my address in and the delivery went up

If you put your country as "UK" and postcode as "BT11AA" you can avail of the uk delivery price. I've done this many times and never had a parcel delayed more than 1 day.

Anyway I'm not saying it's NOT a bargain, just that if you miss it you can get similar elsewhere for much the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The connector makes no difference as these connect via bluetooth- they have no physical connection to the iPad. So if the dimensions are the same then this will work with the new iPad as well. The keyboards themselves use a mini-USB connection to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

There are dimensional differences between the original iPad and it's successors. This case will fit the IP2/3/4. Not 1st gen, and obviously not the mini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ozmo

dodzy wrote: »
    There are dimensional differences between ....

They are all different thickness - so can have implications for the case - so Id go by whatever the spec says it will fit..

IPad 1 is quite thick
    IPad 2 was very thin
    IPad 3(the high res one) & IPad 4 (new connector one) are very slightly thicker (bigger battery) than IPad 2

Not much in it - mm or two - but might prevent a snug fit if it wasn't designed to take it.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Bought - sucker for a deal, thanks OP.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Me too.

I don't need it. And I definitely won't use it. But I bought the damn thing anyway :D

Thanks OP.

So do we think it is a good deal then and worth a buy?

Will be getting our eldest boy an iPad for his 21st in May.... Any ideas where best to buy an iPad from anyone?

Will be getting our eldest boy an iPad for his 21st in May.... Any ideas where best to buy an iPad from anyone?

IPad prices don't generally vary afaik so you should get the same price regardless of where you buy it. Apple's webstore is good and fast plus you can engrave a message on it for free if you like. You could also get a refurb which is basically like a brand new ipad and comes boxed as a new one does, but you save a load in the process. As it's his 21st I'd say you want to splurge on a new one!

Typing this on my refurb 2nd gen ipad. Love it and hardly ever use the pc at home now!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I bought one of these when they were last on promotion. It was a massive disappointment and a complete waste of money. The iPad (3) doesn't sit securely in it and is prone to falling out of position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi folks.
    I emailed the company directly and this is the response I received;

The case is designed for ipad 2/3 but the bluetooth keyboard will work with both and if you choose the PU leather option then this will fit the ipad 1 & 4 also,

Therefore it would seem that the aluminium case is not suitable for the brand new IPad - the IPad 4

dodzy wrote: »
    There are dimensional differences between the original iPad and it's successors. This case will fit the IP2/3/4. Not 1st gen, and obviously not the mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Would not use a case like this myself, but cheaper than dx.com ( http://dx.com/p/usb-rechargeable-wireless-bluetooth-v2-0-82-key-keyboard-aluminum-alloy-case-for-apple-ipad-2-72834 ), definitely a bargain if you're looking for one.

Btw official iPad names and series:
    iPad (1st gen, discontinued)
    iPad 2 (2nd gen, still available as cheaper alternative to iPad with retina)
    the new iPad (3rd gen, discontinued)
    iPad with retina (4th gen, current model, stupid name as iPad 3 has a retina display as well)

iPad mini (1st gen, current model, spec wise is a small version of iPad 2 but with better camera and Siri)

So do we think it is a good deal then and worth a buy?

Well if you are a fan of build quality ( which you prob are if you are going to spend in the region of 500quid on the iPad ) then this purchase will dissapoint. In this area, you really do get what you pay for. A decent bit of kit will set you back significantly more, but you will notice the difference immediately. Example:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/08/belkin-ultimate-keyboard-case-ipad-review/

It is a huge market, with massive choice. Personally, if I was going the keyboard / case combo route, I'd up the budget somewhat, not necessarily the top end unit as linked, but definitely better than the Livingsocial offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭alanbk

If you put your country as "UK" and postcode as "BT11AA" you can avail of the uk delivery price. I've done this many times and never had a parcel delayed more than 1 day.

Sorry if slightly off topic but are you saying to use own address and then add the BT111AA. Thanks.

• Advertisement

alanbk wrote: »

Sorry if slightly off topic but are you saying to use own address and then add the BT111AA. Thanks.

Well you have to swallow your republican pride and put "UK" as the country as well :D

So address reads like:
    Joe Bloggs
    123 Fake Street
    Dublin
    BT11AA
    UK

btw it's BT11AA, not BT111AA as you have

Of course this is my own experience and I've never had a problem but YMMV. Probably wouldn't work for large/heavy packages like an LCD TV mount, but for a €13 case (incl delivery) I would go for it.

Mine arrived today.

It pongs a little and the keys have the re-assuring spongeyness of a poundshop keyboard that is about to squirt water at you.

Oh well. Another thing to hide in the back of the press.

Mine arrived today.

It pongs a little and the keys have the re-assuring spongeyness of a poundshop keyboard that is about to squirt water at you.

Oh well. Another thing to hide in the back of the press.

I bet dr.b is not one bit surprised at finding his purchase is of flimsy design, and as a result, it is now bound for a dark eternity in the "man" drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

And after a suitable period of mourning will be moved to the man shed.

dingding wrote: »
    And after a suitable period of mourning will be moved to the man shed.

Unless of course some clueless sort turns up with their ipad wondering if there's any way to improve typing on it.

Would you like to turn your ipad into a stupid looking netbook? I've got just the very thing for you!

Oh you want to buy it? Sher I'll give it to you for 30 quid.

Advertisement