Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning From EU Country - Job Seekers Benefit

Options
  • 01-05-2013 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi All,
    Can someone offer some advise on below. I also posted on Askaboutmoney.
    Re. Job seekers benefit:
    I have been working in another EU country since 2006 and built up social insurance contributions there. Previous to that I had worked in Ireland and built up 12years social insurance contribution. I am planning to return to Ireland this year as my Wife is located in Ireland, so I am returning purely for Family reasons.
    The normal rule to transfer social insurance from other EU country is that you have to work at least 1 week in Ireland on returning, i.e have 1 social insurance payment made in Ireland on return, however I have heard there is an exception made if you return for Family reasons.
    Obviously I am returning for family reasons and I will be without a job and looking for work. Do I meet the exception criteria of not having to have at least 1 social insurance contribution in Ireland after I return before I can claim Job Seekers Benefit. Has anyone heard about this exception as I don't see it mentioned on any website.
    Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement