Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Companies that offer software development training for a reduced wage

Options
  • 30-04-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi - so I'd like to get a better grounding in software development. I have a degree in elec & computer engineering but just dont have the practice at coding.
    Anyone know of companies that take recent graduates who have a willingness to learn and give them time/training to get up to speed on coding? I dont mind working for a reduced wage if needs be.
    Or any other type of program that would give practical, hands on work.

Many thanks :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Jobbridge? It got me in the door and landed me a decent job after a couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MoleRat

yeah, i had heard of that and it sounds great but (and correct me if i'm wrong) i thought you had to be on social benefits for a period before you can get onto that? I'm working at the moment and dont want to have to give it up just to draw dole for 6 months before applying...

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Yep your right, sorry forgot there was strict criteria to apply for job bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MoleRat

thanks though, i hear its a great program. best of luck with your job!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

in the good old days SW companies had no problems hiring good elec eng graduates into SW. Nowadays I guess they have a better pick, however if you have a good degree and you can show that you can think logically and did some programming, then you can always trying applying for an entry programming job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement