Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

employer hasn't paid salary...what happens now?

Options
  • 30-04-2013 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

This is all a bit hypothetical at the moment because I can't be sure if it's going to happen but I have a really bad feeling in my gut. Can anyone tell me where I would stand if my company shut down in the morning and they still owed my my last months salary. I should have been paid last week, they have blamed the delay on a banking error.
    Do you have to be involved with a trade union to do a sit in or could we all lock ourselves into the premises until we get paid? Also if they are shutting down then what happens about redundancy and holiday pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I think a sit in would be a foolish, I think the best thing to do would be to pack up your things, go home and get in touch with citizens advice or a solicitor. First find out if it really is a banking error, and if you have missed direct debits and the like make sure they pay for the charges.

Advertisement