Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nook Touch. £29 with free uk delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭allprops

Still not clear is it possible to download books directly in Ireland to your nook? I'm not a techie so not sure about unlocking etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

allprops wrote: »
    Still not clear is it possible to download books directly in Ireland to your nook? I'm not a techie so not sure about unlocking etc.

Yes, it's possible, you need a wifi connection though.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

I'm trying to buy the nook and when I get to paying for it UK address is the only option for the billing address. Is there a workaround? I put parcel motel's address as my delivery address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 b6nym2qojz1aet

For your address use this Parcel Motel address:

Your Name
    Your PMID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    BT36 4PE

Just bought it from Blackwell's. Payment via PayPal went through however only noticed now: "Further details:
    Available for sale to UK customers only; we cannot supply to overseas customers."

Source: https://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/display_product_info.jsp?isbn=9781400699032

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Just bought it from Blackwell's. Payment via PayPal went through however only noticed now: "Further details:
    Available for sale to UK customers only; we cannot supply to overseas customers."

Source: https://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/display_product_info.jsp?isbn=9781400699032
    If you used the Antrim Parcel Motel address you would classed as a UK customer.

If you used the Antrim Parcel Motel address you would classed as a UK customer.

The thing is I paid through PayPal and continued with my home address. I suppose I will have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thanks OP, great bargain. OH is looking for a cheap ereader he can mess around with. We're in Belfast this weekend too so thinking of reserving it in Currys and picking it up.

From experience, Does anyone know how far in advance you can reserve stuff there? I know Argos only hold items until close of business the next day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

same price in argos up north btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

The thing is I paid through PayPal and continued with my home address. I suppose I will have to wait and see.
    What you could do is, if your order hasn't been despatched yet is cancel it through the website. Then add the PM address to your Paypal profile & start again using the PM address. If you have the PM address in your Blackwells account they may just use that. Or, as you say just wait & see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Some folk had issues ordering direct from Nook. I can confirm I got a shipping email through this morning after placing an order last night and getting the first email.

Seems to be working just fine, just make sure to create an account first before purchasing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

What a great offer! Been meaning to get an e-book reader, thanks a million for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I haven't used PM before. I want to check if this is OK for the address format. I coudn't see where I could put Antrim, so I just put in the post code.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i just wrote newtownabbey,antrim in the town/city bar

the postcode should ge enough though as you say. i think the important thing is your parcel motel code and the parcel motel address

oh, and i dont know if it matters but I wrote "PMXXXXX Parcel Motel" in the firstline, as that's what the address PM gave me said

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got one from my father for €36 (with a voucher code) from Littlewoods..

.. not sure if he'll even use it but at that price, it's worth a shot.

Basq wrote: »
    Got one from my father for €36 (with a voucher code) from Littlewoods..

.. not sure if he'll even use it but at that price, it's worth a shot.

That's a great find. Even without a voucher code that's good as Littlewoods deliver free in Ireland.

On that note, anyone know any current Littlewoods codes? I'm having a look through my emails to see if I received any recently.

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    That's a great find. Even without a voucher code that's good as Littlewoods deliver free in Ireland.

On that note, anyone know any current Littlewoods codes? I'm having a look through my emails to see if I received any recently.

Found one! 36W3C gave me 10% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Tried littlewoods this morning, hopefully they have them and order will be confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

i ordered through nook website, delivering through parcel motel....£29 + €3.50 PM.

order confirmed

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Got 2 ordered through nook website as well. I was getting an generic error for a while, but think I might have had my visa details wrong at first. I put them in again and it worked fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Just wondering why these are on sale? They seem to be the same price everywhere that sells them, is there some reason for it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Someone mentioned on HUKD that there is some kind of "get London reading" event on at the moment. I suspect that these are also end of line and soon to be replaced with something (marginally) better.

Just wondering why these are on sale? They seem to be the same price everywhere that sells them, is there some reason for it?

I was wondering that too - they seem to be on sale in lots of places. I'm not too concerned though because at the moment my husband borrows my Sony ereader and we weren't intending on buying him one at all. At this price, why not get one though, even just for taking on holidays?

Ordered mine with Littlewoods so hopefully should be here next week :)

What you could do is, if your order hasn't been despatched yet is cancel it through the website. Then add the PM address to your Paypal profile & start again using the PM address. If you have the PM address in your Blackwells account they may just use that. Or, as you say just wait & see what happens.

I managed to add Parcel Motel's address just in case to my account on Blackwell's website last night. Didn't hear back from them yet and my order status is still stuck on "Credit Checking".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

I'm trying to buy the nook and when I get to paying for it UK address is the only option for the billing address. Is there a workaround? I put parcel motel's address as my delivery address.

I have the same problem ... Nook site will only accept a uk billing address. I'm trying to pay with my visa 02 money card.

How did the rest if you guys get around this?

( You cannot add a non-Irish address to your PayPal a/c btw )

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

ToadVine wrote: »

( You cannot add a non-Irish address to your PayPal a/c btw )

You can add a UK address to your ebay via ebay.co.uk, and viollia it appears in PayPal :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone Flubit yet? What discount did ye get?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

snubbleste wrote: »
    Anyone Flubit yet? What discount did ye get?

I submitted a demand just after the main little woods thread was posted, and they still haven't offered me anything. Id say the discount will be minimal, maybe a few percent off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Let us know what they offer you. It's a way around the irish billing address issue as it invoiced to Flubit (fireworks)

• Advertisement

Rang Blackwell today and was told they are currently out of stock but are awaiting more tomorrow or on Friday. Cancelled my order and submitted a demand on Flubit. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Just read this post- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84432069&postcount=206. Looks like I did the right thing cancelling the order.

Advertisement