Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only If....Vectrex

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

All those damn things do is break :( /sob

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice example that one but it's over priced by £75 or there abouts imo. He doesn't show the console box so I'm guessing "tatty" means in bits. You'd also want to Parcel Motel it looking at the postage to here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »

Odd though, that I was one of the first one's here to own one, have it over ten years now, and I've never had any trouble with it! touch wood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

This will be well packaged as best I can for protection but overseas buyers please note, this is a risk and if this gets to you broken I will not accept returns or give refunds! only buy if you accept this risk!

why doesn't he just say UK bidders only then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »

post-2153-0-43535400-1363463416.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Yeah lads, I thought it was overpriced alright, but still, have a burning itch to own one of these...wont be happy till I get one...play it for an hour or two....then put it back on the shelf...ah well...that's life :D One day I will own one of these babies.

The other nite I actually had a dream that I was at a car boot sale, came across this old lady behind a stall, saw a vectrex with about 20 loose carts, saying she didn't know how much it was worth and I could have it for 10 euro....defo a sign :p

Still though, the wife is happy with her (my) purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

As cool as they are, I honestly rarely ever bothered with mine. In the years I owned it I'd say if I spent any more than a total of an hour or two actually using it, I'd be lying.

The screen is fantastic to look at, & impossible to emulate. But in the end, I rarely bothered using it so sold it on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Well I've cut up my Ikea shelf to make it fit so no intention of selling it on !! Really should try to fix it some time (again)...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I absolutely loved mine and did play it quite a lot. Protector is brilliant. Loved Armour attack too.

A flash cart for one is a must.

Feck, going to stop thinking about it now! There are very few things I've broken over the years which I've missed as much as my Veccy. So much in fact that I couldn't buy another one at the risk of going through the heartbreak all over again! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I was so annoyed when mine crapped out aswell.....Looks like I wont be selling it on anyway so I might give replaceing the caps a go in the future, see if that sorts her out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Thers one in merchants arch carboot sale down by the point and its a lot less than €250

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Ok as i dont have the spare cash...http://www.adverts.ie/3051564

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mines still ticking!

I always have to check before I post that, just in case....

I figure the day it snuffs it I'll be proper gutted

Advertisement