Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Medallion Signature Guarantee in Ireland

• 30-04-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there,

Does anyone know whether it's in any way at all possible even remotely to acquire a Medallion Signature Guarantee in Ireland? I'm an American, but I've been living here since 09/11 and can't fly back just to get one. I've called everyone I can think of. If anyone has any information it would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Bump! Did you ever find out where to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭onemanband

yankinlk wrote: »
    Bump! Did you ever find out where to get one?

Have you tried the US embassy website?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tal123

"A consular officer cannot perform a Medallion Signature Guarantee (which is a special type of signature acknowledgement sometimes required for the exchange of securities.) While some financial institutions may accept a document notarized by a consul officer at the U.S. Embassy, in lieu of a medallion signature, we would advise you obtain confirmation from the financial institution prior to arranging a notary service appointment." -US Embassy website

So no, I never found out where to get one. As far as I'm aware it's not possible to get one in Ireland...

tal123 wrote: »
    "A consular officer cannot perform a Medallion Signature Guarantee (which is a special type of signature acknowledgement sometimes required for the exchange of securities.) While some financial institutions may accept a document notarized by a consul officer at the U.S. Embassy, in lieu of a medallion signature, we would advise you obtain confirmation from the financial institution prior to arranging a notary service appointment." -US Embassy website

So no, I never found out where to get one. As far as I'm aware it's not possible to get one in Ireland...

Have you tried googling "medallion stamp ireland"?

Presumably you understand that most people on boards.ie have at least a rudimentary understanding of internet usage.

• Advertisement

tal123 wrote: »
    Presumably you understand that most people on boards.ie have at least a rudimentary understanding of internet usage.

Whilst you may have a rudimentary understanding of internet usage you obviously do not apply it. Just enter "medallion signature guarantee ireland" into google and you will get the answer you seek. You're welcome by the way!

As noted above, the embassy does not provide them. Similarly, Davy's Probate Services don't provide one for my purposes; I rang them before I posted on an anonymous forum. Any other suggestions?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,695 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Mod: Can we keep things civil, please?

Not everyone on boards.ie has a rudimentary understanding of the Internet but that's just by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Back on topic.

So yes, I did google, and I did contact Davy's. I was told that they would consider providing the medallion guarantee on a case by case basis, then they asked how much my stock was worth - then they said, "not in this case".

:/

I did contact the transfer agent on the cert, and they reiterated I would need the MSG as part of the long drawn out process to sell these shares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Just curious to see if anyone ever made any progress on this issue? I did find this crowd, but at €400, it is a bit crazy for a €2k share transfer

http://www.findersinternational.ie/our-services/medallion-signature-guarantees/

Any other options?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Faeiry

€400 seems to be the going rate alright.

I also found two companies in UK that can arrange it by post:

Overseas Probate Services 0044 1 202786289

Title Research 0044 207 3329090

Advertisement