Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Water Problem

Options
  • 30-04-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭

Howeya lads.

Was doing a job in the kitchen at home and had to turn off both the hot and cold water. Job done, turned the valves back on and now no hot water. Any ideas!?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Howeya lads.

Was doing a job in the kitchen at home and had to turn off both the hot and cold water. Job done, turned the valves back on and now no hot water. Any ideas!?!

Airlock!!!
    First at the kitchen sink open hot tap put your hand over the spout and open cold tap , hold like this for a min.
    If this does not work go to your hotpress and close the cold feed to cylinder ( the valve you closed to shut off hot water ) disconnect the pipe at the bottom of the valve, then place a bucket under the valve and open it , let the water run until all the spluttering stops , reconnect and open valve , this method generally works .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

sullzz wrote: »
    Airlock!!!
    First at the kitchen sink open hot tap put your hand over the spout and open cold tap , hold like this for a min.
    If this does not work go to your hotpress and close the cold feed to cylinder ( the valve you closed to shut off hot water ) disconnect the pipe at the bottom of the valve, then place a bucket under the valve and open it , let the water run until all the spluttering stops , reconnect and open valve , this method generally works .

Thanks a lot. I don't have seperate taps. It's one of those swivel heads for hot and cold.

Thanks a lot. I don't have seperate taps. It's one of those swivel heads for hot and cold.

Ok then try the other option I would normally use a wet vac over a hot tap its the quickest way but if I hadnt got it for some reason id disconnect the cold feed to cylinder and open it into a basin or bucket .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

sullzz wrote: »
    Ok then try the other option I would normally use a wet vac over a hot tap its the quickest way but if I hadnt got it for some reason id disconnect the cold feed to cylinder and open it into a basin or bucket .

Got this sorted. One of the valves was stuck off. It wasn't budging so I thought it was wide open! :doh!:

Got this sorted. One of the valves was stuck off. It wasn't budging so I thought it was wide open! :doh!:

A lesson learned :P you wont let that happen again ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Consider yourself luckly often when gate valves arent moved for years after you close them and go to open them the shaft breaks and the handle will keep on spinning, then you truely know its going to be a bad day :D

Advertisement