Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed for Job Searching Young Individual

Options
  • 30-04-2013 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello.
    I am 19 years old and I have just finished my second year at college and I am currently in search of some summer employment but at the moment it is very difficult.

Could any users with experience recommend any good or reliable websites which may help me search for some vacancies, especially those who cater to the younger demographic?

I know of some websites but not many and any which somebody could recommend would be extremely helpful, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

What type of job do you want? Office, retail, manual etc

I would do up my cv, get someone else to check it for typos. Call into every business that fits the bill in your local area. Dress smartly.

Tell EVERYONE you know that you are looking for work. You'd be suprised how many people this will amount to. Your friend's dad's neighbour might just need someone for the summer to work in their business.

Call into all the places that have high seasonal demand particularly.

I wouldn't think websites are the best for short term work.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SICO94

Meathlass wrote: »
    What type of job do you want? Office, retail, manual etc

I would do up my cv, get someone else to check it for typos. Call into every business that fits the bill in your local area. Dress smartly.

Tell EVERYONE you know that you are looking for work. You'd be suprised how many people this will amount to. Your friend's dad's neighbour might just need someone for the summer to work in their business.

Call into all the places that have high seasonal demand particularly.

I wouldn't think websites are the best for short term work.

Thanks.
    I will basically do any job available.
    I have been doing that but so far nothing has come up, but i'll keep trying.

Advertisement