Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling/disposing of MSR Butane-Propane Fuel can

Options
  • 30-04-2013 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

So I recently realised that I have a couple of empty MSR Butane-Propane Fuel cannisters and no idea how to dispose of them. I'd rather they dont go to the landfill.

This thing btw:
    gas_canister.jpg

I looked in to it and discovered that in places like Canada and so on you can recycle them as long as they are empty and not pressurised any more and that there is actually a device to safely pierce them to ensure this but no idea if thats possible in Ireland.

Anyways, I contacted my local recycling people was told by someone who, I am quite sure, had no idea what I was talking about to simply put it in the black bin. However, I'm quite sure that this was because they were just covering their arse as I was talking about piercing a butane canister :D

So, anyone know what I should be doing with these?

Comments

Advertisement