Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boom boom afridi dropped from the pakistan squad for the champions trophy

Options
  • 30-04-2013 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I was sad to see the omission of the flamboyant and very talented all rounder shahid afridi from the pakistan squad for the champions trophy.I know he has been in poor form the last year or so but in there recent tour fo south africa there were other members of the pakistan team a lot worse.Sources in Pakistan have said that misbah ul haq and the pcb want rid of afridi who at times has been very outspoken about the pcb.Do ye guys think this is the end of afridis international career??I hope not as he is in my eyes one of the most exciitng,talented and charismatic cricketers to evr play the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Pakistan also dropped Umar from the squad which means they have no hitters in their squad which is mad. You need players like Morgan, Miller and Pollard to name a few to make a difference. Its a team designed to score 250 and not a lot more.

It will backfire and I wouldn't be shocked to see Misbah dropped afterwards, and then of course Afridi and Umar will be back.

Personally I like Misbah and think Afridi is finished but ah wel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

The love affair with afridi had to end at some stage. Lets see how we'll they get on without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭thebadguy88

HonalD wrote: »
    The love affair with afridi had to end at some stage. Lets see how we'll they get on without him.
    thats true but more often then not he always came good on the big occassions,i know in the last world t20 comp he was poor but in the 3 or 4 world comps before that he was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭thebadguy88

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Pakistan also dropped Umar from the squad which means they have no hitters in their squad which is mad. You need players like Morgan, Miller and Pollard to name a few to make a difference. Its a team designed to score 250 and not a lot more.

It will backfire and I wouldn't be shocked to see Misbah dropped afterwards, and then of course Afridi and Umar will be back.

Personally I like Misbah and think Afridi is finished but ah wel.
    well i think afridi just having a bad patch but each to there own he has been playing internationally for 17 years so hes due a bad patch,he came out in the press yesterday stating how i9t was misbah who wanted him out of the team...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Redger wrote: »
    I still remember those days when he used to hit good bowlers go for sixes .

I still remember when he hit a 12. The only one ive ever seen. Now that's impressive batting (the umpire knowing the signal for a 12 was more impressive though) :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

D3PO wrote: »
    I still remember when he hit a 12. The only one ive ever seen. Now that's impressive batting (the umpire knowing the signal for a 12 was more impressive though) :)

I know that one - you turn to face the scorers, then pat your head & rub your stomach at the same time, until the scorers acknowledge with a Mexican wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

TrueDub wrote: »
    I know that one - you turn to face the scorers, then pat your head & rub your stomach at the same time, until the scorers acknowledge with a Mexican wave.

Mind you that pales into comparison of the great C.B Fry of course who managed to score 66 runs off a single delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

I was sad to see the omission of the flamboyant and very talented all rounder shahid afridi from the pakistan squad for the champions trophy.I know he has been in poor form the last year or so but in there recent tour fo south africa there were other members of the pakistan team a lot worse.Sources in Pakistan have said that misbah ul haq and the pcb want rid of afridi who at times has been very outspoken about the pcb.Do ye guys think this is the end of afridis international career??I hope not as he is in my eyes one of the most exciitng,talented and charismatic cricketers to evr play the game.

Only good on mic and a bit on fielding and not even consistent on field though, he was once talented only when he made century record but then again till now he just failed at everything

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Back for the West Indies series.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Back for the West Indies series.

Why he just dont get retired? ^-^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Boom Boom is back :eek:

Like once in a blue moon sadly :(

Advertisement