Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot see attachments in new Outlook/hotmail

Options
  • 30-04-2013 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    Really hope you can help me out. I recently had my hotmail account upgraded to the new outlook, and have received a very important and urgent email with an attachment. outlook for some reason will not allow me to view the attachment (the mail has the paperclip icon showing there is one there, but on opening, its not visible at all).
    There is no warning on the mail saying an attachment is blocked that I can click to allow the download, and I really need to get to the attachment.
    I've tried searching Microsoft website for help, but being a bit computer illiterate, I dont follow most of what they are saying.

has anybody encountered this and can offer me some help? Unfortunately, the sender of the mail is not available to resend, and I need to access the file today. I'd really appreciate any help.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional, SP1 64 bit. I am using it on a work network at the moment, but had the same problem on my home PC as well.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

What type of attachment is it ? i.e filetype

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

hi Uch,
    as far as I know, its a PDF document, but I cant 100% confirm that. it could be a weblink to where the PDF is located, but unfortunately I cannot contact the sender to verify this.

I've now tried doing this in internet exploer and Chrome, and have cleared cache and cookes and installing latest version of Adboe, but it still doesnt work.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2 avan199

If you can't see attachment. then use MSOutlookTool Hotmail Email Backup Software to export your Hotmail email into other file formats with attachments. with this, it become easier to view your attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

🧐.

Advertisement