Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North county Dublin to Merrion Square - Mornings

Options
  • 29-04-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

I have not seen a recent post on this, considering buying a house around Roganstown and I will need to bring my car in some mornings, other mornings I will get the train from maybe portmarnock.

What time to leave to be in for 9 or before. What would the time of the journey be and the best route ? Merrion sq - Dublin 2.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Roganstown? http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Roganstown+&hl=en&ll=53.479669,-6.246929&spn=0.051794,0.169086&sll=53.32432,-6.251695&sspn=0.207931,0.676346&hnear=Roganstown,+County+Dublin&t=m&z=13 It is a bit off the beaten track.

www.a-b.ie - make sure you put in the right date / time and exact locations

There is a rural transport service that needs to be pre-booked - www.nifti.ie

The Swords Express service www.swordsexpress.ie operates from Glen Ellan in Swords to North Wall Quay and O'Connell Bridge.

Otherwise, consider a route 41 and/or a route 747 from the airport (via tunnel to North Wall Quay) or route 41x and/or a route 142 (only 3 departures per day).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Victor I think the OP is asking about driving times and route as opposed to using public transport??? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭clunked

Drive to Whitehall car park and take a no. 16 bus to city centre (Dame Street) and you have a short walk to Merrion Sq. or a no. 1 bus will leave you very close to Pearse St.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

clunked wrote: »
    Drive to Whitehall car park and take a no. 16 bus to city centre (Dame Street) and you have a short walk to Merrion Sq. or a no. 1 bus will leave you very close to Pearse St.
    A bit silly, but route 1 only operates between Sandymount and the city centre in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

As the OP pointed out - they need their car so public transport options are irrelevant to this request!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement