Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History!

Options
  • 29-04-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

Someone just turned up at my house with part of one of these ;) - Anyone need spares!

neumann_lathe.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Wow, how things have changed!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

Very cool - is that a Neumann lathe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

TroutMask wrote: »
    Very cool - is that a Neumann lathe?

Yes it is. The friend has the part/box shown on the right of it after they 'upgraded' many years back.... I'm trying to lure him onto boards as he's just moved over here - He's done a fair bit of cutting/mastering back in the day and now getting back into it all :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

Aw, so you don't have the full lathe?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

I be interested in taking whatever you have there ring me and will have a chat
    dont mind missing the pitch control as it would be replaced with a more up to date one my end.

Once the platter is there(impossible to find) and the carriage. No Ac limiter of amps or breakers?

Ill pm you my number nerojazz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭dasdog

Forget about IDM. Make a soul record and cut it on that.

Have you still got these bits?

I gather its just the pitch control you have??

If your interested in moving them, can you check the serial and which cards you have, SV- ????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

peter05 wrote: »
    Have you still got these bits?

I gather its just the pitch control you have??

If your interested in moving them, can you check the serial and which cards you have, SV- ????

I think the guy is keeping it.... I'm still scraping my jaw off the floor with the history behind this unit - The guy who originally had it cut so many hits it's scary! - I will let him know you're keen though and when he's back in Ireland he'll want to meet up and chat anyway :)

Cool, Let me know when he is back. I got some scary history he might want to see also.

Some of the cards I would need for back up. Neumann is modded in the pitch control so others I don't need. SV-66-V2 and the TE-66 I have
    no use for. He will understand why I don't need them.

Cheers for the reply.

Since you showed the lathe Neurojazz, I shall show the rack. This is the EMI SAL74 cutting rack here. I will show the lathe soon.

1465892_666332650073991_1964521363_o_zpse3d78d2c.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement