Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Bet / Hedge Advice

Options
  • 29-04-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

I put €24 on Barcelona, Juventus, Porto, Man United, Bayern Munich, PSG and Celtic to all win their domestic leagues.

As it stands:
    Man United - Champions
    Celtic - Champions
    Bayern Munich - Champions
    Juventus - 1st, 11 points ahead (4 games remaining).
    PSG - 1st, 9 points ahead (4 games remaining).
    Barcelona - 1st, 11 points ahead (5 games remaining).
    Porto - 2nd, 1 point behind Benfica (3 games remaining, Benfica have a game in hand).

As you can see Porto are the only team letting me down. Benfica and Porto both have not lost a game yet in the league. But Porto are playing Benfica at home in the 2nd last game of the season. I need Porto to win their remaining games and hope that Benfica lose too Porto and draw/lose another game.

The only choice I can think of is Porto Outright - 2/7, which is not great odds.

I would appreciate any advice or help anyone can offer me. Thanks.

Here is an image of the bet.
    SeasonBet_zps9186a6fb.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

I don't see what you can do here TBH, other than hedge by backing Benfica outright

Benfica at 1/4 (VC-Bet) actually looks a good price, given that they are 4 points clear with 3 games left. Porto are 7/1 elsewhere so that 1/4 won't last long as it's an 8% arb and the 1/4 is actually out of line with the odds at other bookies (next best 1/7)

Stick €100 on that, worst case scenario is get your stake back (unless one of the other 3 collapse which is unlikely)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Hope you didn't take my advice given that Benfica screwed up on Monday night, only drawing 1-1 at home against Estoril. Porto have 2 tough matches left, home to Benfica and away to 3rd-placed Pacos Ferreira on the last day of the season. At least it's in their hands anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Thanks for the advice DB74.

I put €100 on Benfica to win the league @1.72.

Tonight is the big match, hopefully Porto will win. Fingers crossed.

Porto 2 - 1 Benfica.

Final day today. Hopefully Porto will do the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Irish94 wrote: »
    Porto 2 - 1 Benfica.

Final day today. Hopefully Porto will do the business.

What was the combined odds of your accumulator?

• Advertisement

What was the combined odds of your accumulator?

Only noticed this now, I won €1,036. So the odds were around 43/1 :)

Advertisement