Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 years of sun in 3 minutes

Options
  • 29-04-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

You might have seen one of last week's Nasa image of the day was a composite of the sun activities for almost a year, here is a video for 3 years!!

Sources

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

After watching this my first thought is that it looks throughout the film as if it's getting darker, almost like it's goin out. Is this just a period of high run spot activity?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    After watching this my first thought is that it looks throughout the film as if it's getting darker, almost like it's goin out. Is this just a period of high run spot activity?

The ones at the end are taken at night, hence why it's darker.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

What I was curious about was if as predicted we were entering a solar maximum. If so wouldn't there be more solar flares enabling up down this far to see the aurora.

Advertisement