Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Construction Practical 2013 **

Options
  • 28-04-2013 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Does anybody know whats coming up in practical or any tips cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Have mine next week, if anyone has done it , please pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 3 keithhann039

same here m me if u know whats coming up same for engineering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Do not take any photos of exam work or exam materials in any of your practical exams. Photos will be deleted and the poster will be banned.

I'll just draw your attention to this post on last year's construction thread as regards giving away state exam information on boards.

The same goes for the engineering practical.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Schools are still doing the Construction Studies practical until May 10th, so please hold back any discussion of the paper until then, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

There's are chap in my school that was doing the practical today. Stood around for nearly two hours doing nothing and then decided to do something. When he used the bandsaw to cut something, he just pushed it through instead of sticking to the lines. Didn't get it finished and he's blaming his teacher..? Then he had a double construction before the day was out and he basically told his teacher to fcuk off and eat his own shiet. Was not expecting that at all whatsoever. I'd imagine he'd be suspended from those classes and put on probation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

Just to clarify you are NOT allowed use any machines in the day exam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Well I don't know, I don't do Construction Studies and this is what I was told from the lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

Not saying he didnt just clarifying for anyone reading it that still has their practical so they don't think they can use it when they can't

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

So I guess we're allowed to talk about this now, how did everyone find it? I didn't think it was too bad, nothing out of the ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Well I'm crap under time restrainments but managed to do all of the required joints so wasn't too bad. I'd be happy with a 15%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Got all the joints done , some cleaner than others but it all fit and went together . Went into the exam bag together so will look better than flat pack

Hey there I presume not many on here take Construction as a subject. So if you are taking this subject what have you made for your project?

I made a Chess Board Table shown below.

<image snipped>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please don't post photos of exam material.

spurious wrote: »
    Please don't post photos of exam material.
    Apologies.

No problem. It's for your own protection really - don't want the SEC knocking at the door. It looked very professional and well finished by the way. Hope you get a good mark.

Advertisement