Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a Mature Student grant if I dropped out of college before

Options
  • 28-04-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Well here's my situation. I was in my 1st year undergraduate course and at the end of the year I had to drop out as I was very unwell, I did receive a grant at the time.
    And now 2 years later I'm looking to go back to college as a mature student, i'm just wondering am i entitled to a 1st yr mature student grant? or do i have to pay full fees and then get one in 2nd yr?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You will probably have to pay full fees for 1st and you probably won't be eligible for a grant for 1st year.

Generally they wave this if it is more than 5 years since you dropped out

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

What MS said.
    Although if you had a valid medical reason for dropping put they might take this into account. You should check with the new college or the Dept of Education in Tullamore: 057 9325317.

Advertisement