Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much Propae is in a gas cylinder?

Options
  • 28-04-2013 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭

I am trying to work out the cost of changing from electricity and oil to gas for cooking and heating.

How is propane sold? Is it by weight or volume? And how much gas is a person paying for in a standard bottled gas cylinder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I am trying to work out the cost of changing from electricity and oil to gas for cooking and heating.

How is propane sold? Is it by weight or volume? And how much gas is a person paying for in a standard bottled gas cylinder?
    Propane bottles for your heating cost wise wouldnt be viable i would imagine, i think a bulk lpg tank would be what youd want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Propane bottles for your heating cost wise wouldnt be viable i would imagine, i think a bulk lpg tank would be what youd want.

I use mostly wood burning stove for heating. So the gas related heating is for a large cylinder to be used on a gas fired burner that I would use as a backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

TomOnBoard wrote: »

AKAIK
    Normal gas cylinders are filled by weight.
    large bulk tanks are by volume.
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

Advertisement