Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Mark Williams and Jihn Higgins?

Options
  • 28-04-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Are we beginning to see a decline by both players

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Well I don't think we need to worry too much im sure John has something up his sleeve...........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Yes i think higgins decline started in the last year. Williams has been on the decline for a few years now but his laid back attitude doesn't help him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I'd expect another Higgins' resurgence before his career ends, potentially winning one of the big three once again.

Williams has been declining for several years and I think it's just a matter of time before he retires. His attitude seriously hinders his chances of future success too.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Williams had a few very poor season where he dropped out of the top 16 but he made a good comeback about 3 or 4 years ago getting himself up to near the top of the rankings but his forms seems to be dipping again now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Mark Williams has just had no consistency for about 8-10 years now and it's hard to see him back winning big events soon. He's got bags of talent though, but maybe attitude has been his downfall.

As for John Higgins, yeah he's had a poor season by his standards but I'm convinced we still have much more to see from him. He's such a granite solid all rounder, but also has the head for the game too.

I wouldn't rule out another world title for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I think too many Nandos has been Williams problems seems quite bitter on twitter giving out about other players and the world body etc!

Advertisement