Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CE Scheme - starting out

Options
  • 28-04-2013 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

HI
    Im starting a job on a CE Scheme tomorrow
    19. 5 hours a week - its an after-school assistant

Can any one help me - is the scheme for one year and what time off can you take -is there a certain amount of days you can take?
    Also do you get the 208Euro paid each week - scheme admin has took my bank details and do you get the full amount if you are off Bank Hols, etc
    They have told me there will be 2 weeks off in August, will i be paid for this as holidays?

I hope tomorrow goes well - as Ive been waiting so long, to start, due to Garda Vetting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mannyfusco

I was on a ce scheme before,the social are a great source of info but I got my full money for the time i was on it
    i did not have to work bank hols or weekends and they made no difference to my payments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Quiko09

mannyfusco wrote: »
    I was on a ce scheme before,the social are a great source of info but I got my full money for the time i was on it
    i did not have to work bank hols or weekends and they made no difference to my payments

Thanks for info - I was unsure
    I will work 2-6pm Mon - Thurs and finish 5.30pm on Fridays

I was just thinking that a Bank Hol is coming up in May

Did you still have to sign on each month at social welfare office, and were you paid into your bank account?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You don't have to sign on for the duration of the scheme.Yes you will be pay into your bank acc.

Thanks for help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Quiko09 wrote: »
    Thanks for info - I was unsure
    I will work 2-6pm Mon - Thurs and finish 5.30pm on Fridays

I was just thinking that a Bank Hol is coming up in May

Did you still have to sign on each month at social welfare office, and were you paid into your bank account?

You dont sign on when your on c.e. .
    You are entitled to all bank holidays off or time in lieu.
    The contract is for 1 year but depending on your age etc you may get up to 3 years.

The €208 is paid weekly (very weakly in my opinion) :D used to be €240
    Your entitled to 81hrs Holiday Leave in a full year which is approx 4 wks
    Max sick leave is 56hrs
    You get time off for any daytime course you do or time in lieu if evening course.

If there's no bad apples on the scheme it should be fun and interesting.:)

• Advertisement

Thanks - I was not given much info - so far

Advertisement