Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Injury Advice

Options
  • 28-04-2013 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just thought I'd throw this up here in case anyone on here can give me some sound advice.

So the story goes...

I was a gig last July in the RDS. As the gig was coming to an end it started bucketing down and I slipped on the white plastic flooring that is out down to protect the grass. I bounced back up pretty quick but felt something go in my right ankle. I thought I'd just badly sprained it and hobbled out onto the road to get a taxi. I had sprained my ankle plenty of times before playing ball so I just thought this was just a really bad one. When I got home I elevated the leg and stuck an ice pack on it to get the swelling down. I kept the weight off it for the next few days and the swelling went down. I managed away on it for 2 weeks before I just couldn't walk on it any longer because of the pain. To cut a long story short I had it x-rayed to find I had broken by fibula and done severe ligament and tendon damage. Two weeks later I had surgery on it and 6 screws and a metal plate later the leg was finally set properly. I was laid up for 3 months in an air cast and of course I was kept out of work until November and pretty much confined to the house. I had major complications with the metal and screws and eventually, once the bone had set properly,had to have the metal and screws all removed last January. I am now a full eight months after the initial surgery and about three and half months after the second to have everything removed. I'm slowly but steadily getting there with rehab on my ankle but its been a long road.

Between hospital bills and loss of earnings the whole bloody mess has cost me small fortune to put right.

Apologies now for the long winded post but I just thought some background was important as mine is a personal injury query.

Do I have a case to make a personal injury claim and how would I even go about it??

Or am I wasting my time pursuing this?

I know people might be reading this thinking I'm out for a quick buck but that's not the case- if I was just in it for the money I would have made a big deal about it the night I did the damage.

Any help or advice on this is really appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You are not allowed to seek legal advice in this forum. Please read the forum charter before posting here again.

If you require legal advice, you should engage the services of a legal professional.

hullaballoo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement