Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Debate Motion #3: CAO Reforms?

Options
  • 28-04-2013 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Quote:

"Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress."
    -Ghandi

Third Motion:
    The motion for our third debate will be:

Should the CAO system be changed with a fairer system with less emphasis on points?

(This motion is open to creative interpretation but certain aspects you can discuss if you so wish to do so includes: subject requirements, points system, number of subjects, aptitude, etc)

Please analyse the motion carefully before posting, how it's worded and what is included etc. for example this topic is about altering the CAO as it currently stands.

I do not take part in the debate but I will oversee it and in the end make a neutral decision on which side won the argument. You shall refer to me as the chairman of the debate. The next chairman/woman will be the poster who accumulates the most 'thanks' in this thread.

The debate is set to last until the 12th of May.

Regular rules apply:
    Rules(by Indiego):
    1) The first person to start the thread picks the motion
    2) Topic is open for discussion for a set time period
    3) Posts most be clearly labelled as proposition or opposition
    4) People must be civil, we don't want to make extra work for mods
    5) Thanks are taken to be a kind of 'I like your argument here/I agree'
    6) The individual post with the most thanks can choose the next topic for discussion (or if they don't want to, they can let the second person voluteer)
    7) The winning side overall is decided by the topic poster (they should consider not only the strongest arguments, but how many of the arguments stayed intact, not tackled down by the opposite side)
    8) Don't take it too seriously, bitta banter like

And we are live people!

Thanks to Hugsie for allowing me to host the debate.

Advertisement