Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Languages in UL or DCU??

Options
  • 28-04-2013 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

So I'm doing my Leaving Cert in a few weeks and the "change of mind" window opens soon and I can't decide between Applied Languages in UL or the Applied Language and Translation Studies in DCU. I want to do German and Spanish(beginners) and in the case of UL where you can do a third language, Japanese.
    Could someone who does/is thinking about doing either of these courses give me some information regarding:the electives you can take (are they hard? interesting?), is doing Spanish at beginners level difficult? What's the overall quality of the courses and what are the career prospects?
    And also I've heard that the study abroad year in DCU is better as they have better links with more prestigious universities worldwide?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Benntley_

somebody please reply :) i really want to know all the same stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 doneanddusted

Hi Luiza

I think my comments on AL in UL should still be on this forum somewhere if it might help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 doneanddusted

Luize sorry.

Advertisement