Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTWEA

Options
  • 27-04-2013 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Wondering if somebody can help me with some information about the BTWEA. I have a meeting late next week about it but am curious to learn from anyone else who has applied for it.

How difficult is it to get it?
    Do they turn down many people?
    Is there strict guidelines?

I'm proposing an online business which I would operate in full myself. I will be running both the web development side, the order completitions, marketing, customer queries and everything else that comes with it. I'm slightly worried that as it's not a traditional 9 to 5 number that I might get turned down. Maybe I'm being silly.

I have completed a 'Starting Your Own Business' course and am in the process of creating my business plan. Does the plan have to be very comprehensive?

It's a great opportunity really and I know things will be difficult in getting the business off the ground but I'd love to get back working, especially for myself. I do qualify for the allowance according to the terms on welfare.ie.

If anyone could advise re any of the bolded questions I would be very grateful. Would love to hear from anyone else who has applied for it for a similar situation.

Thanks.

Advertisement