Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six Years in the Making

Options
  • 27-04-2013 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

It's taken six years and today I've taken 2 CB pregnancy tests, two very fast positives.

I was using the CB fertility monitor and for some reason ovulated early at day 11, we only did it once because to be honest we'd lost hope and weren't really trying that hard anymore.

So technically, I should have had my period around day 25(11 + 14), this is day 38. I have another test to do in the morning and will probably go to the doc on Monday too as we are both in shock and denial.:eek:

Can I trust two positive tests even though I still getting slight period pains here and there but I have boobs that are more painful than usual.

I am actually too sick with excitement to eat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I'd definitely trust two positive results.

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Well I posted this before but pregnancy tests work by detecting level of Hgc hormone. This is only present in pregnancy so congrats. But do go to doctor for blood test to confirm.

So congrats and best of luck, I hope all goes smoothly for you .

Btw I had period type pain and very sore boobs at start of my pregnancy too. Try running bet it will really hurt boobs . Then sit down and put feet up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Def! Congrats! Get to the doctors to get it confirmed! I had cramping up to about 8-9 weeks with both of my successful pregnancies! Enjoy the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats!!! There's nothing like seeing that + positive pregnancy test!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Sounds like good news to me! Congratulations :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Defo pregnant couldn't be any other explanation for two positives mine came up super fast like seconds and had cramps for a good while at the beginning so it's all normal. So congratulations hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

A positive is a positive :) congratulations! I was TTC for over a decade, so I can appreciate the shock and disbelief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭justaskin likeyakno

I have a pain in my face from grinning and barely slept last night, and lets make that three positives, had a super fast postive this morning done by my husband so he's thrilled to see that line appear to.

Off to the docs in morning as I have long term meds to be managed.

I hope this stays. :D:D:D:eek::D:D:D

Thanks for all the replies.

I just did an on line calculator test that puts me at 5 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My last period date was march 21, and my due date is around December 28th.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS:pac:

I just did an on line calculator test that puts me at 5 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My last period date was march 21, and my due date is around December 28th.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS:pac:

Good for you :)

There's nothing more exciting than that positive test! I'm 39&1/2 weeks now and getting really p&ssed off at the waiting but you have just reminded me how lucky I am to be here at all and I shall moan no more!! ( blatant lie... But the intent will be there!!)
    Enjoy every second, I think your gonna find it hard to keep a secret for 12 weeks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭ladysarah

congratulations. good things come to those who wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Congratulations and best of luck with your pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Congratulations!! Your joy really reminds me that our babies are amazing gifts that we should be thankful for! All the best with your pregnancy. :)

Six years in the making and 4 days in the destruction.

I should have know better, than to allow the ezcitment get the better of me.

I spent yesterday in hospital and all signs point to miscarraige, I have to go back every two days for blood tests and scans to make sure it's not ectopic as there was nothing on the scan. The midwife said she's sure it's a miscarraige.

I couldn't believe I was pregnant, but I sure as hel can believe this, we are as gutted as we were excited:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Oh I am so gutted for you both.
    That is just so unfair.
    Look after yourself
    I am so sorry for your loss .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Six years in the making and 4 days in the destruction.

I should have know better, than to allow the ezcitment get the better of me.

I spent yesterday in hospital and all signs point to miscarraige, I have to go back every two days for blood tests and scans to make sure it's not ectopic as there was nothing on the scan. The midwife said she's sure it's a miscarraige.

I couldn't believe I was pregnant, but I sure as hel can believe this, we are as gutted as we were excited:mad:

Oh no - I'm so sorry, that's really sad news. The only thing I would say to take heart from is that you GOT pregnant - it means that you can again, when you've recovered and healed a little bit. Mind yourself - big hugs x

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

That's terrible news, I'm so sorry. I'm sure your little one knows it was loved for the brief time it was here. Be sure and take good care of yourself now, your next child will need a strong and healthy mama to grow up in!

I'm so sorry :( there's no words - take time to grieve and be there for each other. Devastating :(

Advertisement