Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunfire T2000 Server

Options
  • 27-04-2013 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, my eldest is selling an unused server, as above, a Sunfire t2000 that came from a business that closed. Thing is, he has as much idea about servers as I do - any ideas as to how good/bad these are and values? It is in the factory plastic and box and has the CMA, cables and mounting rack. Any hints and tips appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

Hi lads, my eldest is selling an unused server, as above, a Sunfire t2000 that came from a business that closed. Thing is, he has as much idea about servers as I do - any ideas as to how good/bad these are and values? It is in the factory plastic and box and has the CMA, cables and mounting rack. Any hints and tips appreciated.

It's a very old server (they ain't like bottles of wine) - End of life was 2009 and from a manufacturer that has disappeared more or less. Nobody will use an out of warranty server for production so you are talking about someone who really wants to play with a sun box for the heck of it. Even then with virtualisation you'd ask why they'd bother...
    EBay and adverts.ie and get what you can - you might have to give it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

You might be better off selling it off to a parts reseller. A lot of multivendor HW maintenance companies buy up EOL parts because they still have to maintain out of warranty equipment for customers. Just google 'Server Parts Sun' and it bring you up a few that buy or list them on their site for you.

-Funk

Advertisement