Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your music heroes

Options
  • 27-04-2013 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭

which artist would you describe as your music heroes? not just musically but in attitude and style? i'd pick josh homme, beth gibbons from portishead and probably thom york and of course Black Francis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

To make the thread a bit more interesting, and to give people something to read, you could explain what it is that makes them your heroes. Otherwise this thread will turn into people just listing their favourite artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Zero1986 wrote: »
    To make the thread a bit more interesting, and to give people something to read, you could explain what it is that makes them your heroes. Otherwise this thread will turn into people just listing their favourite artists.

they give off a don't give a damn attitude and make performing look efforless.musically each of them are original and they put meaningful lyrics into their songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 robbieoffice1

Love Neil Young he's amazing acoustically and also when he decides to rock it out with Crazy Horse. Looking forward to seeing him this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Love Neil Young he's amazing acoustically and also when he decides to rock it out with Crazy Horse. Looking forward to seeing him this summer

Was just gonna say this.

A workaholic who would probably release 3 albums a year if it was feasible. Also like his attitude of releasing whatever the hell he likes and to hell with the record company (Geffen lawsuit in the 80s for releasing "uncharacteristic music")

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

My musical heroes growing up were the guitarists that inspired me. Kurt Cobain made me want to pick up a guitar and learn to play. Joey Santiago & James Dean Bradfield were later inspirations to learn to play better and each having their own style.

Nowadays I consider a musical hero more in the form of a band like Arcade Fire, particularly Win Butler & Regine as they create amazing music, are as at home in an arena gig as they are with a tiny show and are very focused on charity, raising awareness of causes while always striving for new and interesting ways of making art/music/videos/promotion. It is fresh air from the overly done route of a typical alcohol & drug fuelled rock star.

• Advertisement
Advertisement