Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same-sex crushes

Options
  • 26-04-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I'm 15 and have always thought of myself as straight since I only ever had crushes on boys but now I have a crush on a girl in my class (I'm also a girl).
    What should I do about this? I am not going to confess, I did that before and got rejected.
    I don't know what the girl's sexuality is but I have caught her looking at me recently.. but then again, I always look into things too much when I get a crush.

Anyway, have you ever had a similar experience, did you act on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I think everyone has been there at some point. When you're 15, lots of things go around in your head- I know when I was 15 I didn't fancy girls at all.

Don't stress too much about it, a crush can be lots of different things. It could be just that you think this girl is nice, or goodlooking, or whatever- but that doesn't mean you fancy her sexually. Hey, maybe you do and that's cool too.

Unless you know she wouldn't hurt you or be mean about your feelings for her, I'd say leave it for a while. I know it's hard, but sometimes crushes just go away of their own accord. I've had a girlfirend for 10 years now, but I still get crushes- they're kind of fun, but they don't always mean anything.

Advertisement