Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace bath and radiator

Options
  • 26-04-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Need to get my bath and radiator in the bathroom changed. Any idea how much this would cost (supply & fit)?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭QBE

sept09baby wrote: »
    Need to get my bath and radiator in the bathroom changed. Any idea how much this would cost (supply & fit)?

Get 3 quotes from recommended tradesmen. That will average your cost and give you peace of mind. Its hard for any tradesman replacing items giving an exact quote without seen the project.

Id say it could be done for a ball park sum of €300 labour. Materials additional approx. €50. (a basic and not complicated)

Bath and taps and radiator and valves .You could supply yourself by shoping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi
    The bath should cost you around €200 - €250, chrome towel rail €100, labour should be €350 including small amount of material.
    You will need to allow €100 for unforeseen , such as tiles around the bath.
    The bath seal might need to be removed along with 1 line of tiles but a good plumber will lower the existing bath down and away from the bath seal so hopefully no damage.
    Where are you located?

Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

Tradesmen.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

ccsolar wrote: »
    Hi
    The bath should cost you around €200 - €250, chrome towel rail €100, labour should be €350 including small amount of material.
    You will need to allow €100 for unforeseen , such as tiles around the bath.
    The bath seal might need to be removed along with 1 line of tiles but a good plumber will lower the existing bath down and away from the bath seal so hopefully no damage.
    Where are you located?

Cc

Wasn't expecting it to cost that much. Am sure I've seen plain baths for a lot less than €200-€250. I won't need new taps - just the bath.

Am not looking for a towel rail - just a small radiator (replacing like with like).

Am based in Meath so if anyone has any recommendations please send them on

Advertisement