Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sourcing a second hand Turbo for a 2005 Golf tdi

Options
  • 26-04-2013 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi All my turbo has to be replaced on my 2005 VW Golf 1.9 tdi (wastegate stuck open). I'm going the second hand route as can't afford a reconditioned one or new one.
    I contacted a car dismantler and he has a turbo from a 2005 but he could only give me the chassis number if came off of, the numbers are nearly the same both starting with
    WVW ZZZ1k Z 5 W 111111 the last "5" being a 6 on mine and the last 6 numbers being different.

On the partfinder website it looks like it's from a 2.0 liter 140bhp sport engine, while mines a trend line 90bhp

Is it possible to tell from this information that this is the right Part??
    If I put the car up on jack stands and take the bottom cover off from under the engine bay would it be possible to see a part number on the turbo?? as I don't want to be stuck with the wrong turbo.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated. Thank you

Advertisement