Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10237 Tower of Orthanc revealed

Options
  • 26-04-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

10237-1.jpg

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=6359

My first instinct was that it isn't as impressive as I hoped it would be, but the images kind of lack scale right now so I'm reserving judgement. The press release, after all, confirms that it is 73cm in height. Over 2 feet tall!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

jizz-in-my-pants.jpg

July! Why July?! Why not tomorrow?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

That actually looks like a set that you can modify and add a few more levels. The bottom two sections look like they could be duplicated to add extra height. But you will need more Ents.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

July! Why July?! Why not tomorrow?!?!

Reports from Lego Stores that VIP members will have early access, just like the Palace Cinema earlier in the year. So it might be the last week of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭coffee to go

This is on general release today! €199.99 from the Lego shop.

Also due for release very very soon (squeal!) (and apologies for massiveness of images)

79005 Wizard Battle

715XlYD5L2L._SL1096_.jpg

79006 Council of Elrond

91URp5%2BjsEL._SL1500_.jpg

79007 The Black Gate

91xXbWLfAJL._SL1500_.jpg

79008 Pirate Ship Ambush

91Hw1d1BnhL._SL1500_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Love the Umbar ship set. And is that a Peter Jackson mini-fig I spy?

• Advertisement

I love all those sets. I wanted tower so much, but I am very financially restricted at the moment. :( Had to move, paying out PS4 before release, not getting as much hours at work as I did last few months too.
    I dont really want to spend money on Orc forge to finish my Lotr fisrt wave of sets. ( I know it is discontinues now too :( )
    Lego is damn expensive Hobby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Some images of 2014 Desolation of Smaug are available.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92090133@N04/10361240763/in/photostream/

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Emmmm I know I got a whole Lotr Series 1 sets and a few original Hobit ones, but these new ones suck...

Its a random construction and lots of minifigs. Looks like they are getting closer to just doing Minifig packs and not lego sets.

Advertisement