Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn International Ireland vs NZ - Tickets

Options
  • 26-04-2013 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭

I know it's a long way off, but I'm looking for some advice on purchasing tickets for Ireland vs New Zealand on 24th November (present for my husbands 40th birthday).

I've looked online, and found tickets on premiertickets.ie - has anyone purchased from this site before? Are they reputable?

The tickets are for category 3 - from others experience would these seats be ok?

Or if anyone knows of another online site to use for tickets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Are tickets even available for this yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Are tickets even available for this yet?

Not yet. Announcement of ticket details for Guinness Series will be in next couple of weeks with a sale most likely beginning of summer.

Regarding other poster's query, if you buy from an online scalper or anyone else selling tickets they are not yet in possession of, it is done at your own risk re.price, validity etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

RubyK wrote: »
    I know it's a long way off, but I'm looking for some advice on purchasing tickets for Ireland vs New Zealand on 24th November (present for my husbands 40th birthday).

I've looked online, and found tickets on premiertickets.ie - has anyone purchased from this site before? Are they reputable?

The tickets are for category 3 - from others experience would these seats be ok?

Or if anyone knows of another online site to use for tickets.

Wouldn't trust that site at all. As far as I'm aware it's just an online tout service. also the fact they're advertising tickets that arent available yet indicates they're just planning on taking your money and trying to find tickets later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Thanks a mill for the help.

I didn't realise tickets hadn't actually been issued yet, I'm a bit clueless about all things Rugby related :o but husband is a big fan, and it's his birthday soon, so I wanted to get him tickets as a nice surprise.

Where will be the best place to get tickets from when they are released? I was looking at €250 for 2 tickets through premiertickets, but I don't fancy using them now, after the replies.

How much should I expect to pay for decent seats? Thanks again for the help :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

If you're not a member of the Irish Rugby Supporters Club, you can follow the IRFU on Twitter (@irfurugby) or Facebook (IrishRugby). Once an article goes on website, it also posts on Twitter and Facebook.
    By the way, tickets would be prioritised to the Supporters Club before going on any public sale (not trying to sell you anything here by the way!).

If you've any ticket queries, send an email to ticketqueries@irfu.ie and the Ticketing Dept at IRFU will give you all the info you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Your best bet is to start sending out feelers now to anyone you know who has access to tickets, be it through corporate, friends in the Supporters club or any contacts you can think of just to let them know you'll be interested once available. Tickets will only go on general sale after they're left over from going through the other channels - this won't happen for a big draw game like New Zealand.

Thanks again! If I join up to the supporters club, is there a good chance of getting tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

Thanks again! If I join up to the supporters club, is there a good chance of getting tickets?

50 quid I think to join and you get first refusal at a portion of tickets, still a first come first served lottery with about a 1/3 chance of getting tickets imo.

For NZ the odds would be worse.

I have got tickets for England roughly 1 in every 3 attempts.

Contact any friends in rugby clubs if possible.

Good luck

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

No guarantee but I've always been lucky enough when i had to use this avenue.

Having a NZ passport has its benefits at times like this (the NZRFU used to put aside tickets for passport holder in Europe).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭lfcjfc

I've been a member of the supporters club for a few years now and although tickets are not guaranteed, I have rarely failed to get tickets for Autumn internationals including the ABs. 6N matches like England and France can be more difficult but Autumn games seem to work out Ok.

If you were expecting to spend up to €250 on tickets - you should be able to get pretty good seats for the game plus join the supporters club for less than that. You may need to be poised with your finger on the mouse the morning the online sale takes place though;)

Very helpful advice here, much appreciated :)

I signed up to the Irish Rugby Supporters Club, so fingers crossed, I can get him tickets for the NZ game, and if not, the Aus game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Sweet as bro! Tickets secured :)

There are quite a few floating about on ticketmaster at the moment if you have 75 yourows to spare...

Sweet as bro! Tickets secured :)

There are quite a few floating about on ticketmaster at the moment if you have 75 yourows to spare...

Thanks for reminding me...

.ak wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding me...

Not a bother. It's a rugby fraternity after all...

Might get the triple tickets!

.ak wrote: »
    Might get the triple tickets!

Is there a little Mstr or Miss .ak on the way... :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is there a little Mstr or Miss .ak on the way... :p

He meant the package of a ticket for all 3 games! :P

Bah. I hate the way it won't let you split up tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I bought triple packs via the Ireland supporters' club the day they were released. There are better tickets being offered now....to all comers. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

vienne86 wrote: »
    I bought triple packs via the Ireland supporters' club the day they were released. There are better tickets being offered now....to all comers. :(

Me too - bit of a con by the looks of it - not a happy punter :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What block of tickets did ye get for the triple pack, if ye don't mind me asking? Some decent spots left on ticketmaster alright.

I got 504 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

We're in 529. I won't be renewing my Ireland supporters club membership next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭LostArt

vienne86 wrote: »
    We're in 529. I won't be renewing my Ireland supporters club membership next year.

same for me, far far better seats were available later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Yay. Dads birthday present SORTED.

Thank cripes for the reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

Thanks OP for reminding me. Got Triple ticket in front row of 502 when I first saw this thread :D

Now for the 6 nations is it worth joining the supporters club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Christ I left it for one day till I got payed and no tickets left with ticket master :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭LostArt

Check again, there are tickets for each game left

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I ended up getting tickets at the very front half way line.
    Whats the story with getting two tickets only, can I just do two bookings with the same credit card

Advertisement