Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Travel/Space

Options
  • 26-04-2013 3:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

OK, you have the choice! even at 03:30.

Travel back or forwards in time or just venture out into space?

Me personally? I do not want to meddle in what's happened or what's going to happen. But there is some curiously as to what happens, going on! At the end of the day, what's the worst that can happen? (I know).

Me personally? I'd travel into space because we are fooked as a species, and me being a single PAYE person, holds no power. We've managed to abuse a planet that's given us life and in the same extent, become a race that is just greed beyond comprehension.

But the thing is? travelling into space? we'd just end up polluting what ever planet we decide to occupy, but at least we'd have a new start.

Give it 200 years (if not so much sooner, because of nuclear weapons and human nature being what it is), before this planet we all call home, and eventually end up 6 feet under, becomes a mere blip.

And btw, for those who believe we are not alone in this universe. Then imagine, if we are unique, special, even to the contrary, a very specific development in the grand scale for the theory on the development in life, how special are we? Millions of planets etc... And we as a single piece of rock, just exist.

If we're alone in the universe, then realise how extraordinary it is for a planet, such as ours, to be alone, with 7 billion inhabitants? Imagine how unique you are, regardless. Take life on this planet and compare it with our own solar system. Imagine Earth being a grain of sand. Imagine it being on a single scale, even on a "local" scale, we really are a mere speck. Then imagine that mere speck on a Universal scale? That my friends is quite unique, in fact a spectacular achievement? Quite extraordinary in fact.

That is how Unique we are.

So? Time travel, or Space Travel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Found this the other day, it makes faster than light travel theoretically possible, apparently NASA have already begun working on it:

http://consciouslifenews.com/nasa-scientist-warp-drive-doable-video/1153733/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I prefer expedia myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

You never should of watched that Will Ferrell movie last night.

I would go back to last night and choose to go home instead of the pub. Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I'm already travelling into the future at the rate of one day per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I'm already travelling through both time and space.

You two dimensional pussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm going so fast that I talk faster than the speed of sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Time travel of course. Euromillions here I come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

id pick time travel, then when i got bored i go back in time to before i made the choice and choose space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,684 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Space travel but i want some slick scifi futuristic technology to do it with otherwise its pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

hoodwinked wrote: »
    id pick time travel, then when i got bored i go back in time to before i made the choice and choose space.

I will be having done this but it will not have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I'm building a time machine right now but running low on funding, if a few thousand people could just send me their credit card details.

If I vanish in a few months then obviously I've traveled to the future.

Thanking you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

great scott marty... in the past your mum is randy tart and in the future your kid is a dork

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'd go back in time and do as much of the following as possible:

Frame JFK's death on Lester B. Pearson (Canadian PM at the time).
    Prevent the 1967 assassination of Che Guevara.
    Prevent Nikita Kruschev from being expelled from the soviet party

Then I would come back to my present day and read wikipedia to see how these changes affected history up until now. For no other reason other than I'm bored and have read everything I can on wikipedia :(

Advertisement