Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penguin Cafe Orchestra cover group

Options
  • 26-04-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Would anybody, in the Cork area, be interested in coming together as a group to play the works of the Penguin Cafe Orchestra? Initially for a bit of fun but if all goes well to possibly play publicly.

I am a student in UCC, play the flute, piano and bass (dabble in synths but we can keep that one quiet) and i have experience in playing with orchestras and in bands.

I have always been a massive fan of the music of the pco and would love to play their with a group myself. A fair standard of musical ability would probably be necessary but the whole premise of pco music is to have fun and as Simon Jeffes said its about bringing classical music to people who not normally be interested in it.

Looking for people who play brass, stings, percussion, banjo/mandolin/classical guitar/ukulele and want to try something new and fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU8IziD08t4

All the best

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Great idea and would love to join...... but the trip down from Dublin would be impossible on a regular basis. Good luck.

Eph.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

I really, really wish I could, but Louth is a fair distance :( If I go to UCC in October I'll give you a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dubext

hi.... if any of you's ever did - I'm looking for a Penguin Cafe Orchestra tribute band? know of any in Dublin area?

Advertisement